Secret Exemptions Allowed Speculators to Distort Futures Markets
Much has been written about how a handful of large commercial banks are suppressing the price of gold and silver though their massive short positions in the futures market. Both here and elsewhere in blogsphere, you read of frustrations being vented over the failure or refusal of the Commodities and Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to act on these market manipulators.
Despite thousands of public comments calling for imposition of position limits following the public hearings in March 2010, nothing has been implemented to-date. It’s all quiet now, after the initial noise generated over the Dodd-Frank act. As an agency tasked with providing oversight, the CFTC appears to be closing both eyes and acting like a toothless tiger.
All these discussions, complaints and rants on the banksters and the CFTC featured here are highly focused on the gold & silver market. Readers may have the impression that it is an issue unique to this market, and some may even smell a conspiracy theory here.
I came across a recent interview by Paul Jay of the Real News Network discussing the same issues mentioned above with Michael Greenberger, professor of law at the University of Maryland – but from a different perspective. They talked about how big banks have been artificially inflating the price of food & fuel through the same manipulative mechanism in the futures market. Some key points include:
- The CFTC assisting selected big banks and people who just want to bet, who don’t touch the underlying commodities but want to bet on price direction.
- Stealth exemptions on position limits given to Goldman Sachs et al so that they can profitably run their “betting parlours”.
- Futures market for food & fuel comprises 20% real hedgers (for whom the futures market was originally designed) and 80% commercial speculators who have nothing to do with the physical commodities.
Sounds familiar? This video should help cast away any doubt that allegations of gold & silver price manipulation by the banksters, assisted by the CFTC, are for real. We’re not the only ones affected. The whole commodities market is similarly tainted – by the same culprits.
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- The Silvery Silence of CFTC, CME, JPM & BlackRock
- Ted Butler’s 5 Questions for Gary Gensler, Chairman of the CFTC
- What Big Banks are doing in the commodities market
- Precious Metals Price Discovery about to Change
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Race to Debase
Monitoring the Currency Wars
08 Feb Venezuala devalues Bolívars by 46%.
03 May China Brings Bitcoin to Its Populace. A new front in currency war?
04 Apr The BOJ unleashed the world’s most intense burst of monetary stimulus
01 Apr Currency auction puts Venezuela through new devaluation
02 Mar China is “fully prepared” for a currency war should one happen
20 Feb NZ$ falls on intervention comments
03 Feb Falling yen set to spark renewed currency wars
Currency Wars Simulation
21Mar: Societe Generale
Gold below $1,400 by end 2013
18Mar: Larry Edelson (Money&Markets)
Gold below $1,500, Silver below $20 "soon"
27Feb: Jim Sinclair (JSMineSet)
Current price correction ends by 27March
27Feb: Jim Sinclair (JSMineSet)
Gold will climb to $3500 & beyond
16Oct: Jeff Clark (Casey Research)
$2,300 gold by January 2014
05Sep: Bill Murphy (GATA)
$50 silver by year end
13Aug: James Turk (GoldMoney)
We won’t see $1580 gold & $27 silver again
12Aug: Bill Murphy's source
We could see a 100% increase in 90 days.
03Aug: HSBC Analysts
Gold to rally above $1,900 by end 2012
>> More forecasts & forecast accuracy
Peter Schiff: Watch to check out his understanding of Bitcoin
- Rule - How Investors Can Make A Fortune In These Markets May 23, 2013
- Turk - We Are Witnessing Extraordinary Events In Gold & Silver May 23, 2013
- Incredibly Important Developments In Many Key Markets May 23, 2013
- The Fed Destruction & A Cascading Panic Among Investors May 23, 2013
- Gold To Advance A Stunning $2,000+ From Current Levels May 22, 2013
- Fed Lies & Propaganda Won’t Stop Gold & Silver Rise May 22, 2013
- Silver To Soar A Stunning 400% & Gold $1,500 In 10 Months May 22, 2013
- Gold, Silver & 100-Year Inflection Point To Crush The West May 21, 2013
- Japanese Stocks Open +1.5%; Bonds Half-Way To Limit Down May 24, 2013 Tyler Durden
- Is America’s Economy Being Sovietized? May 23, 2013 Tyler Durden
- IRS' Lois Lerner Put On Involuntary Paid Vacation May 23, 2013 Tyler Durden
- Are Covert Operations Underway In The Global Currency Wars? May 23, 2013 Tyler Durden
- Chart Of The "Keynesian Normal": America's Tragic Divergence May 23, 2013 Tyler Durden
- Bass On Japan's Turbo QE: "It Won't Be Enough" May 23, 2013 Tyler Durden
- CME Hikes Nikkei-Associated Margins By 33% May 23, 2013 Tyler Durden
- "Dead Cat Bounce" Or "Pause That Refreshes" May 23, 2013 Tyler Durden