“I purchased my physical silver at $45.88/oz”
An interesting extract from Jim’s Mailbox.
I am writing you because I think you are the real deal in the precious metal markets. I am in my mid sixties and got into silver almost one year ago. I made a big mistake and purchased my physical silver at $45.88/oz. It was for me a big purchase as it was 80% of my life savings. All the males in my family history died in their sixties. So I figure I have around 10-15 years at most to go. My question is with silver now running a surplus, do you think with all the manipulation, that I have any chance of seeing silver hit my purchase price again in the next 10-15 years? I thought when I purchased it, $100/oz. was around the corner. I now see investment demand, reflected in 2012 eagle sales dropping way off, is now down. I think investors are defeated with all the crashes.
Thanks for any input you may provide me in giving me hope or direction. Are we headed for the twenties or forties?
Thanks for all you do,
You are going to be ok in your silver position, however in the future you buy when weekly prices looks like a fishing line. You sell 1/3 when weekly prices looks like a Rhino horn.
Cut this out and paste it on your computer. Let us call this the “Two commandments in Precious Metals.”
All the best,
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Race to Debase
Monitoring the Currency Wars
08 Feb Venezuala devalues Bolívars by 46%.
03 May China Brings Bitcoin to Its Populace. A new front in currency war?
04 Apr The BOJ unleashed the world’s most intense burst of monetary stimulus
01 Apr Currency auction puts Venezuela through new devaluation
02 Mar China is “fully prepared” for a currency war should one happen
20 Feb NZ$ falls on intervention comments
03 Feb Falling yen set to spark renewed currency wars
Currency Wars Simulation
21Mar: Societe Generale
Gold below $1,400 by end 2013
18Mar: Larry Edelson (Money&Markets)
Gold below $1,500, Silver below $20 "soon"
27Feb: Jim Sinclair (JSMineSet)
Current price correction ends by 27March
27Feb: Jim Sinclair (JSMineSet)
Gold will climb to $3500 & beyond
16Oct: Jeff Clark (Casey Research)
$2,300 gold by January 2014
05Sep: Bill Murphy (GATA)
$50 silver by year end
13Aug: James Turk (GoldMoney)
We won’t see $1580 gold & $27 silver again
12Aug: Bill Murphy's source
We could see a 100% increase in 90 days.
03Aug: HSBC Analysts
Gold to rally above $1,900 by end 2012
>> More forecasts & forecast accuracy
Peter Schiff: Watch to check out his understanding of Bitcoin
- Celente - $17 Trillion & The Two World’s of Gold & Silver May 25, 2013
- Here Is What Jim Grant Really Thinks May 24, 2013
- Suppliers & Bank Clients Denied Gold As Shortage Intensifies May 24, 2013
- Jim Grant Says Monetary System Won’t Last & Gold Bullish May 24, 2013
- Jim Grant - Gold & The Fed’s Ungraceful Attempt To Exit QE May 24, 2013
- Rule - How Investors Can Make A Fortune In These Markets May 23, 2013
- Turk - We Are Witnessing Extraordinary Events In Gold & Silver May 23, 2013
- Incredibly Important Developments In Many Key Markets May 23, 2013
- Guest Post: The Fed's Real Worry - A Pick Up In Deflation May 25, 2013 Tyler Durden
- First, Gold; Second, Japanese Equities; Who's Next For The 8-Sigma Risk Flare? May 25, 2013 Tyler Durden
- With The Unwind Approaching, Here Are $18.6 Billion SAC Capital's Largest Stock Positions May 25, 2013 Tyler Durden
- Bill Black: Our System Is So Flawed That Fraud Is Mathematically Guaranteed May 25, 2013 Tyler Durden
- Gold And The Fiat End-Game May 25, 2013 Tyler Durden
- The 3 Reasons Why Stocks Have Skyrocketed Over the Past Couple of Years May 25, 2013 George Washington
- There is a Word For This Kind of Market: It's Bubble May 25, 2013 Phoenix Capital Research
- Broke Detroit's Pension Fund "Trustees" Use Public Funds To Fund Hawaii Trip May 25, 2013 Tyler Durden